8 Wonders of Kansas
Find the book at these stores
- Brookville Hotel, 105 E. Lafayette. 785.263.2244.
- Depot Gift Shop, 201 NW 2nd. 785.263.2231.
- Dickinson County Heritage Center, 412 S. Campbell. 785.263.2681.
- Eisenhower Presidential Gift Shop, 200 S.E. 4th. 785.263.6755.
Antique Emporium of Alma, 322 Missouri. 785.765.3332.
Grandma Hoerners, 31862 Thompson Road. 785.765.2300.
Irwin-Potter Drug, 202 W. Main. 620.842.5119.
Carolyn's Essenhaus, 104 E. Main. 620.538.4711.
Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum, 223 N. Terrace. 913.367.4217.
Chamber of Commerce, 200 S. 10th. 913.367.2427.
Augusta Historical Museum, 303 State. 316.775.5655.
Always Christmas Shoppe, 2728 Barnes Ave. 785.763.4569.
Holy-Field Vineyard & Winery, 18807 158th St. 913.724.9463.
Belle Plaine Travel Center, 770 N. I-35. 620.326.5123.
Belleville Travel Center, 702 12th Street. 785.527.2883.
Boyer Museum of Animated Carvings, 1205 M Street. 785.527.5884.
Blue Rapids Historical Museum, 36 Public Square. 785.363.7949.
Coffey County Historical Museum, 1101 Neosho. 620.364.2653.
Clark Pharmacy, 101 S. Main. 620.855.2242.
Browndale Pumpkin Farm, 1634 Buffalo Road. 785.427.3335.
Cloud County Convention & Tourism, 130 E. 6th. 785.243.4303.
Funk Pharmacy, 1020 Elmhurst. 785.243.4414
Picture This, 117 W. 6th. 785.243.7700.
Prairie Maid, 317 Broadway. 620.273.6020.
Boot Hill Museum, Front Street. 620.227.8188.
Dodge City Convention & Visitors Center, 400 W. Wyatt Earp Blvd. 620.225.8186.
Kansas Heritage Center, 1000 N. 2nd. 620.227.1616.
Kansas Oil Museum, 383 E. Central. 316.321.9333.
Morton County Historical Society Museum, 370 E. Hwy. 56. 620.697.2833.
Walter P. Chrysler Boyhood Home & Museum, 102 W. 10th. 785.726.3636.
Richey's Rexall Drug, 511 N. Main. 620.244.3333.
Eureka Greenhouse, 609 E. River. 620.583.8676.
Rainy Day Books, 2706 W. 53rd St. 913.384.3126.
Chamber of Commerce, 231 E. Wall. 620.223.3566.
Country Cupboard, 112 N. Main. 620.223.5980.
Fort Scott National Historic Site. 620.878.0235.
Neon 57, 102 E. 5th. 620.646.5775.
Finney County Historical Museum, 403 S. 4th. 620.272.3664.
Bauman's Carpet, 805 N. Maple. 800.530.5054.
Mennonite Heritage & Agricultural Museum, 200 N. Poplar. 620.367.8200.
High Plains Museum, 1717 Cherry Street. 785.890.4595.
- Barton County Historical Museum, 85 S. Hwy. 281. 620.793.5125.
- Barton Co. Community College Bookstore, 245 NE 30 Road. 620.792.9273.
- Heart of Kansas Mercantile, 1212 Main Street. 620-786-2333.
- Kansas Wetlands Education Center, 592 NE K-156 Hwy. 620.566.1456.
The Big Well Gift Shop, 101 S. Main. 620.723.4102.
Tri-County Area Chamber of Commerce, 106 N. Broadway. 785.258.2115.
Brown County Historical Society, 611 Utah Street. 785.742.3330.
Just For You, 620 Oregon. 785.742.7888.
Bluebird Books, 2 South Main. 620.259.6868.
Kansas Cosmosphere, 1100 N. Plum. 620.665.9348.
Kansas Underground Salt Museum, 3504 E. Avenue G. 620.662.1425.
Neufeldt Variety, 114 S. Main. 620.585.2293.
Allen County Historical Society, 20 S. Washington. 620.365.3051.
McGinty-Whitworth, 101 E. Madison. 620.365.3271
The Old Store, 112 S. Main. 620.492.1478.
Geary County Historical Museum, 530 N. Adams. 785.238.1666.
Kansas City, KS
Highway 56 Antiques & Market, 213 E. 6th. 620.659.2334.
Kiowa's Prescription Plus, 530 Main Street. 620.825.4782.
Kansas Barbed Wire Museum, 120 W. 1st. 785.222.9900.
- AAA, 3514 Clinton Pkwy. 785.843.1600.
- KU Bookstore, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd. 785.864.4658.
- Jayhawk Bookstore, 1865 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Jayhawk Bookstore, 1200 Oread Ave. 785-830-3936
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital Gift Shop, 325 Maine. 785.505.3144.
- Raven Book Store, 6 East 7th. 785.749.3300.
- Book Barn, 410 Delaware. 913.682.6518.
- C.W. Parker Carousel Museum, 320 Esplanade. 913.682.1331.
Territorial Capitol Museum, 640 E. Woodson. 785.857.6148.
Kansas Sampler Stores, 9750 Quivira Road. 913.396.4237.
Giftologists (located inside Wichita County Pharmacy), 111 E. Broadway. 620.375.2323.
Liberal Convention & Visitors Bureau, 1 Yellow Brick Road. 620.626.0170.
Village Lines, 139 W. Lincoln. 785.524.5133.
- Bethany Bookstore, 335 E. Swensson St. 785.227.3380, ext. 8155.
- Hemslojd, 201 N. Main. 785.227.2983.
- Old Mill Museum, 120 E. Mill. 785.227.3595.
- Small World Gallery, 127 N. Main. 785.227.4442.
- The Good Merchant, 135 N. Main. 785.212.6134.
Grassroots Art Center, 213 S. Main. 785.525.6118.
- AAA, 321 Southwind Rd. 785.776.3131.
- Claflin Books, 1814 Claflin Road. 785.776.3771.
- Flint Hills Discovery Center, 315 S. Third. 785.587.2726
- Strecker-Nelson Art Gallery, 406 1/2 Poyntz Ave. 785.537.2099.
Jewell County Historical Museum, 118 N. Commercial. 785.534.0940.
Cities Sundries, 104 N. Washington. 785.546.2234.
AR-EX Drug Store, 801 Broadway. 785.562.3196.
Chamber of Commerce, 101 N. 10th. 785.562.3101.
The Bookshelf, 206 N. Main. 620.241.6602.
Ottawa County Museum, 110 S. Concord. 785.392.3621.
Muscotah Mercantile, 107 W. 2nd St., 785.872.5000.
Prairie Mercantile, in historic Ness County Bank Building. 785.798.2237.
Ness County Historical Society, 123 S. Penn Avenue. 785.798.2246
Anderson Office Supply, 627 N. Main. 316.283.3570.
Faith and Life, 606 N. Main. 316.283.2210.
Kauffman Museum, 2801 N. Main. 316.283.1612.
First State Bank of Norton, 105 W. Main. 785.877.3341.
Buffalo Bill Sculpture visitor center, 2nd and U.S. 83. 785.671.1000.
John Brown Museum, 1000 Main. 913.755.4384.
Carnegie Research Library, 307 W. Main. 785.346.9437.
Franklin County CVB, 2011 E. Logan. 785.242.1411.
Mill Street Antiques, 109 Newbury. 785.636.5520.
Scott-McCoppin, 767 Third St. 785.543.6521.
Buster Keaton Museum (housed in Rural District Water 1), 302 S. Hill. 620.768.2385.
Balloons Because, 9109 R Road. 620.482.3526.
The Pineapple Post, 111 N. Jefferson St. 785.434.2769.
Snip & Clip Beauty Shop, 425 McKinney. 785.754.3538.
Ad Astra Books and Coffee House, 141 N. Santa Fe. 785.833.2235.
Key Rexall Pharmacy, 2024 S. Ohio St. 785.827.0408.
El Quartelejo Museum, 902 W. 5th. 620.872.5912.
Keystone Gallery, 401 U.S. 83. 620.872.2762.
Cornerstone Coffee Haus, 431 Main. 785.334.4287.
- AAA, 1223 SW Wanamaker Rd. 785.233.0222.
- Kansas History Museum Store, 6425 SW 6th. 785.272.8681.
- Kansas Originals Market at the Topeka Travel Center on the Turnpike, 5 miles east of Topeka. 785.379.0200.
- Old Prairie Town, Mulvane General Store, 124 NW Fillmore. 785.368.2437.
- Southwind Gallery, 3074 SW 29th St. #1. 785.368.2437.
- State Capitol visitor center, 300 W. 10th. 785.296.3966.
- Washburn University Bookstore, 1700 S.W. College Avenue. 785.670.1922.
- Wolfe's Camera Shop, 653 S. Kansas. 785.235.1386.
Bob Wilson Memorial Grant Co. Hospital Auxiliary, 840 N. Sullivan. 620.356.2565.
Historic Adobe Museum, 300 E. Oklahoma. 620.356.3009.
The Barn B & B, 14910 Bluemound Road. 800.869.7717.
St. Fidelis Gift Shop, 601 10th (across from the church).
OZ Museum, 511 Lincoln. 785.458.8686.
Wamego History Museum, city park. 785.456.2040.
Weaver Hotel Gift Shop, 126 S. Kansas Ave. 785.363.2515.
Main Street Mercantile, 310 Main. 785.457.3344.
- AAA East, 7724 E. Central #100. 316.685.5241.
- AAA West, 2110 N. Maize Rd. 316.942.0008.
- Eighth Day Books, 2838 E. Douglas, 316.683.9446.
- Go Wichita Convention & Visitors Bureau, 515 S. Main. 316.660.6302.
- KU Med Bookstore - Suite 1301 KU Med School, 1010 N. Kansas. 316.293.2618.
- Owl's Nest Gift Shop at the Great Plains Nature Center, 6232 E. 29th St. N. 316.683.5499, ext. 111
- Via Christi St. Francis Hosp. Gift Shop, 929 N. St. Francis. 316.268.5273.
- Watermark Books and Cafe, 4701 E. Douglas. 316.682.1181.
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum, 204 S. Main. 316.265.9314.
Kansas Originals Market, I-70 exit, #206. 785.658.2602.
RETAIL STORE ORDERS
The 50% discount applies strictly to resale orders.
We would love to save you the shipping costs and deliver books if we will be in your area but we won't be everywhere at once. If you want to check if we'll be in your area before you finalize your order, just e-mail WenDee.
Only businesses or organizations with sales tax numbers may participate in this resale. The restriction to sell the book at it's regular retail price of $29.95 has been lifted. The retailer will pay the sales tax. If you are not a retailer please order the book at our online merchandise store.
The 8 Wonders of Kansas Guidebook by Marci Penner showcases 216 diverse places across Kansas that were featured as entries in the Kansas Sampler Foundation’s 8 Wonders of Kansas contests.
Photographer Harland Schuster went to all 216 places in 2010 to get updated photos. Due to the quality photographs and design, the spiral-bound book serves as a combination coffee table book and guidebook. Each entry includes a description, directions, hours, and contacts.
The one-time 8 Wonders of Kansas contests took place from 2007-2010. Twenty-four finalists were selected for each of the categories of Architecture, Art, Commerce, Cuisine, Customs, Geography, History, and People. There was also an overall category. The public voted for the top 8 in each category. All 24 finalists appear in the guidebook.
The book also includes information about the 38 soda fountains featured in the 8 Wonders of Kansas Customs contest.
8 Wonders of Kansas Guidebook
- Publisher: Kansas Sampler Foundation
- Author: Marci Penner
- Photographer: Harland Schuster, Morrill
- Graphic designer: Liz King (my sister)
- Editor: Bobbie Pray, Lawrence
- Printer: Mennonite Press, Newton
- First run: 10,000
- Second run: 10,000
- Retail price: $29.95 (suggested)
- Wholesale price: 50% discount
- Billing: 30-day
- No consignment, no returns
- No minimum order
- Not selling on Amazon.
- We will have a list of retail stores selling the 8 Wonders book on the book site.
- Physical description: 9x12”, soft laminated cover, spiral bound, over 500 color photos
- Book weight: Just over 3 pounds
- Books are packaged 10 in a case, but any number of books or cases can be ordered
- Limited run of hardbound books available only from KSF. $55.
- Sales tax: Retailer pays.
- Invoicing: We prefer to do via e-mail but can do otherwise.
- Proceeds: The book revenue supports the projects of the non-profit Kansas Sampler Foundation whose mission is to preserve and sustain rural culture.
- Learn more about the book and 8 Wonders contest at www.8wonders.org
- ISBN: 978-0-9765408-1-6
- Library of Congress # - 2011923042
- Contact: Marci or WenDee at 620.585.2374; email@example.com
- We’ll ship through the post office to help support our local office and though not as convenient, it is cheaper than UPS.