Kansas Sampler Festival
TRAVEL / TOURISM EXHIBITOR INFO
The reason for rotating the festival is to give exhibitors statewide exposure, to give the public in every part of the state a chance to experience the festival, and to give each host city a chance to showcase themselves to a statewide audience.
NOTE: The criteria statements explain what is allowable and what is not. We apologize for the heavy tone of what is not eligible. However, it is clear that the festival is much more effective and more enjoyable for all if everyone follows the criteria. This festival has a purpose that can more successfully be achieved with everyone following the rules. Remember, there is much space allowed for creativity within the rules!
No booth refunds will be given in the event of inclement weather and refunds for booth cancellations will only be given through March 31.
TRAVEL and TOURISM EXHIBITORS (non-group tent)
The regular, or non-group, tents are for travel and tourism exhibitors not involved in a Group Tent. Typically the festival host assigns booths geographically with a tent lay-out of two side rows and a middle row.
Those eligible for this tent are local attractions that also include locally-owned cafes and bed-and-breakfasts. These displays must be about a place that tells the story of the rural culture of a place: architecture, art, commerce, cuisine, customs, geography, history, and people. Locally-owned stores may be included in a community display to show what kind of shopping opportunities are offered in a town.
- Service companies like insurance companies and health distributors
- Schools, churches, government and military unless some historical aspect of a building is being promoted (in that case no religious or enrollment information may be distributed).
- Home based businesses such as Scentsy, Premiere Jewelry, etc.
- Social organizations like Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, etc. HOWEVER these groups are encouraged to be a sponsor, volunteer or have a food booth to raise funds for their group. No organizational materials may be distributed.
- National franchise attractions, including lodging or restaurants.
- Political booths and no political materials distributed.
Sale items are discouraged though one item at a time can be put out, per approval of host (additional fee of $25 for this).
FEES FOR TRAVEL and TOURISM EXHIBITORS
Booth fee/size: $130 for a 10 x 8 space
Tables (6' or 8'): $8
Electricity (110v): $20
Add'l festival passes: $4
Add'l $25 if one product item sold
* Each booth registration receives 4 passes (good for two people for both days of festival) and 2 parking permits. Handicapped parking permits are available upon request. EXHIBITORS IN THIS CATEGORY WILL BE HOUSED TOGETHER IN A TENT PROVIDED BY THE FESTIVAL HOST
ADDITIONAL VENDOR INFORMATION:
- Set up for vendors begins the Friday before the festival at 1:00 p.m. and ends at 7:00 p.m. Set up time is also available on Saturday from 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. *Earlier set up times are available by making prior arrangements with the festival host.
- Tear down begins at 4:01 p.m. on Sunday when the festival ends.
EXHIBITORS ON THE EDGE
If you aren't sure if your attraction, product, performing group, free-standing exhibit, or food concession meets the standard of the Kansas Sampler Festival please contact the local host or the Kansas Sampler Foundation at 620.585.2374, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.