Kansas Sampler Festival
ENTERTAINER & HISTORIC PERFORMER INFORMATION
This is a juried portion of the festival. All entertainers will submit an online application to be approved by the festival host selection committee. Entertainers selected to perform will be contacted by February 10.
All entertainers must presently live in Kansas.
The festival seeks diverse performers and especially those that promote an ethnic culture or represent a slice of Kansas life. The festival seeks to support entertainers and gives priority approval to those looking for regional or statewide bookings.
In exchange for performance, the festival offers the following:
- Promotional booth space.
- The festival encourages performers to sell tapes or books and to distribute schedules of events or promotional information.
- A mileage compensation in the amount of $100 will be given to each entertainment group. If performing one day, the amount will be $50.
- Performers will receive two (2) one-day passes for each individual performer or for each member of your group and parking permits as needed. Handicapped permits are available upon request.
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to register please return to the Vendor Sign Up page. Entertainers will be notified by e-mail as to their acceptance by February 10.
HISTORIC PERFORMER CRITERIA
Historical performers must be members of the Kansas Alliance of Professional Historical Performers. For membership requirements go to www.historicperformance.com or contact Ann Birney.
Approval of historic performers, performance schedules and booth space is coordinated by the Historic Performers Group Tent Leader (Ride into History, Ann Birney, 2886 N. Hwy 99, Admire, KS 66830; Ph. 620.528.3580 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be a part of the Kansas Sampler Festival historic performers, you must currently live in Kansas and wanting to promote yourself for future bookings.
The Historic Performers are part of a pre-formed group and has Group Tent status.
- Performers must be approved by the Group Tent Leader (Ride into History) before registering.
- Performers receive booth space, a 6' table and 2 chairs to promote or sell materials, and make contacts for future bookings.
- Sound equipment will be provided by Ride into History.
- Electricity will be provided at no charge if needed.
- Performers will receive two (2) passes for each member in their performance group and two (2) parking permits. Handicapped permits are available upon request.
- Everyone in this tent must register online or fill out a paper form (if requested). A copy of the registration will be sent to the Group Tent Leader.
The Group Tent Leader will contact performers after the registration process to confirm performance times.