Kansas Sampler Festival
FOOD VENDOR INFORMATION
The reason for rotating the festival is to give exhibitors statewide exposure, to give the public in every part of the state a chance to experience the festival, and to give each host city a chance to showcase themselves to a statewide audience.
FOOD CONCESSION CRITERIA
Food vendors will be accepted after meeting approval from the festival host. Vendors will be notified as to their acceptance by February 10.
- Food concessions should feature Kansas ethnic or specialty foods.
- When possible, food products, bottled water, and even condiments should be purchased from local Kansas producers or, at least, from locally-owned stores. For instance, the meat for steak sandwiches or brats should come from Kansas lockers; cookies served should be homemade or made in a Kansas bakery; popcorn should be Kansas-grown popcorn, etc.
- Promoting the source of foods is appreciated. If a restaurant is a vendor they are encouraged to promote their restaurant location and hours.
- No hamburgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes or other carnival type foods are allowed without host approval. Buffalo burgers are allowed.
- A Kansas food license is required except for vendors participating in six events or less a year. If you have a food vending business that attends more than six events a year you must purchase a food license. To submit an application please go to this link. http://www.ksda.gov/includes/document_center/food_safety/Food_Safety/30FoodEstablishmentLicensing.pdf
- Food vendors are responsible for paying their own sales tax. For information about events sales tax go to: http://www.ksrevenue.org/specialsalesevents.html
- Food vendors are responsible to make sure they meet Kansas Department of Agriculture health guidelines. Food safety information can be obtained at this website: http://www.ksda.gov/food_safety/content/333
- Food vendors will be required to add the Kansas Sampler Festival as a rider on their insurance and submit a copy with their payment prior to the festival.
- Every item sold in a concession must be approved by the festival committee.
- Festival observers will check vendor foods at the festival. Vendors may be asked to remove an item if it wasn't approved.
Z Bottling Corporation - 907 W 5th St., Scott City, KS 6786; 877-928-3717
Scheopner's Water Conditioning - 2203 E. Fulton Plaza, Garden City, KS 67846; 800-481-5121
FOOD VENDOR FEES:
Selling one food item plus drinks - $225
Selling multi food items plus drink -$300
110-volt outlets @ $20 each
220-volt outlet @ $40 each
Extra one-day passes @ $4 each
Tables (6' or 8') @ $8 each
Chairs @ $1 each
Food vendors will receive eight one-day passes. If more passes are needed, they must be ordered by April 15 to receive a reduced rate.
No booth refunds will be given in case of inclement weather and refunds for booth cancellations will only be given through March 31.
Limited parking for food vendor vehicles will be available on a case by case basis. Food trailers, carts and other small supply trailers will be allowed. Food vendors will be assigned parking as close as possible to their location. All other vehicles must be parked in designated exhibitor parking areas. Two parking permits will be issued.