"While serving on the Governor's Council on Travel and Tourism and Kansas Sampler Foundation Board I have come to realize that there is a strong need to work with our state and local tourism professionals to promote our areas and to promote tourism as a viable economic development tool."
Shelia Lampe is an active member in the Piqua community and Woodson County serving on a wide variety of boards and organizations. She served as a Constituent Service Representative for Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins. She is employed as the Director for the Iola Chamber of Commerce.
Shelia is currently serving as President of the Woodson County Republican Women, Executive Board of Directors for the CASA of 31st Judicial District, and the Woodson County Farm Bureau President. Shelia has also been the Executive Director of the Woodson County Chamber of Commerce and Program Coordinator for SEK Inc. In those positions she worked with economic development, workforce development, retail development and retention, and promoted tourism, not only for Woodson County but throughout the region of southeast Kansas.
Throughout the past 23 years she has worked and volunteered with many organizations, assisted with developing economic prospects, encouraged entrepreneurship and actively represents Southeast Kansas.
She and her husband Don have been married 27 years. They have two children Amanda Moyer and her husband Jeremy who reside in Piqua. Her daughter Alisha Lampe resides in Topeka attending Washburn University. Shelia also has two granddaughters and a grandson.
Some of her activities include:
- Governor's Council on Travel and Tourism 2006-2007
- Member of the Kansas Image and Branding Task Force 2004- 2005
- SEK Cabinet Member of Prosperity Summit for Agritourism 2003-2004
- Quad County Enterprise Facilitation Board 2002-2007
- Southeast Kansas Regional Tourism President 2005
- Freedoms Frontier Heritage Area (Bleeding Kansas) 2003-2007
- SEK Chamber Executives 2002-2005
- Woodson County Economic Development Committee 2002-2007
- Woodson County Tourism and Convention Board 1995-2000 & 2002-2007
- Woodson County Farm Bureau President 1997-1999 2006-2007
- Past Executive Director Woodson County Chamber of Commerce 2002-2005
- Current President Woodson County Farm Bureau
- Past President Woodson County Chamber of Commerce 2 terms 1991-1997
- President of Buster Keaton Memorial Museum Board 1986 to the present