What's in it for communities?
WHAT WILL YOUR COMMUNITY GET OUT OF THIS?
- You'll be part of a rural Kansas network that features what there is to see and do from an Explorer viewpoint but it will also educate the world about how to "get us."
be marketed as an attraction and then the system will send people directly to certain areas or thematic places.
- To benefit, all your community has to do to benefit it be the best it can be at being itself.
- The communities that will benefit most are those that are most engaged in carrying out the steps.
- The capacity and viability of your community can be significantly upgraded.
SPECIFICALLY, HOW WILL THIS BE USEFUL TO THE SMALLEST TOWNS?
- Assessing your town with the rural culture elements (architecture, art, commerce, cuisine, customs, geography, history, and people) will turn up things that explorer-types will be interested in. EVERY town has a story to tell.
- Even if you don't have a town web site now, you can have one here - all you have to do is follow the plan.
- What difference does it make if people come to your town? It helps morale and can either nurture or lead to small business success.
- It will give your town a shot of pride to have your story noticed and appreciated.
HOW DO COMMUNITIES GET INVOLVED?
1) Send an e-mail to the Kansas Sampler Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org) and give them an e-mail contact name to be the contact for this project from your town.
2) It is recommended to become a We Kan! member ($25) and a Kansas Explorers Club member ($18.61) because the information in the newsletters helps you become a part of the network, offers grassroots and functional ideas and contacts, and helps maximize your part in this whole program. You can ask for sample newsletters when you send in the e-mail contact.
3) Join your regional tourism group for added support.