Printed from www.kansassampler.org
KANSAS PRODUCTS - GROUP TENTS
The primary purpose of the Kansas Sampler Festival is to provide the public a sample of what there is to see, do, hear, taste, buy, and learn in the state.
The reason for rotating the festival is to give exhibitors statewide exposure, to give the public in every part of the state a chance to experience the festival, and to give each host city a chance to showcase themselves to a statewide audience.
NOTE: The criteria statements explain what is allowable and what is not. We apologize for the heavy tone of what is not eligible. However, it is clear that the festival is much more effective and more enjoyable for all if everyone follows the criteria. This festival has a purpose that can more successfully be achieved with everyone following the rules. Remember, there is much space allowed for creativity within the rules!
* Items made just for arts-and-craft shows are not eligible.
No booth refunds will be given in the event of inclement weather and refunds for booth cancellations will only be given through March 31.
PRODUCTS SOLD IN GROUP TENTS
Those who promote a Kansas product are eligible to set up a booth in a Group Tent if the pre-formed group chooses to include products in their group display scheme and if the product exhibitor is a member of that group alliance or is approved by the group. These product exhibitors must meet the same criteria as those exhibitors in the Kansas Products tent. Travel and tourism exhibitors that choose to sell one item must also meet the criteria as stated in under the Kansas Product tent criteria.
KANSAS PRODUCTS CRITERIA:
- All products sold in this tent must be made and produced in Kansas by the exhibitor or have some close association to the exhibitor.
- The product should be unique to the individual or business and not be a replication of a franchise item.
- Absolutely no items made in another state or country are allowed.
- No home based businesses allowed - example: Scentsy, Premier Jewelry, etc.
- The product must be for sale in a retail store and/or Farmer's Market in Kansas
- The producer should encourage travel to this store and/or Farmer's Market.
- Packaged food products are especially encouraged.
- Demonstrations and telling the story of your business or product is encouraged.
- Designated observers will be examining exhibit booths during the festival to make sure the products displayed meet the criteria. If they don't, the observer may ask the vendor to remove the product or entire display (no refund).
Booth fee/size: Fee will be determined by the Group Tent for a 10 x 8 space
- Exhibitors are responsible for paying sales tax.
An additional $25 will be charged on top of the Group Tent fee for product vendors. (example: Booth fee-$130 + product vendor fee-$25 = $155) Please contact your group tent leader for more information. To determine who the group tent leader is for your area/region please go to Group Tent Leader Info
or contact WenDee LaPlant, email@example.com
or 620-585-2374.Tables (6' or 8'): $8Chairs: $1Electricity (110v): $20Add'l festival passes: $4
* Each booth registration receives 4 passes (good for two people for both days of festival) and 2 parking permits. Handicapped parking permits are available upon request.
Kansas Sampler Foundation - Phone: 620-585-2374