THE 2012 BIG RURAL BRAINSTORM
Meridian Center, Newton
It took place February 3-4, 2012
POST NEWS RELEASE
BREAKOUT SESSION TOPICS
ABOUT THE BRB FORMAT
INFORMATION BELOW IS WHAT
WENT OUT BEFORE THE BRB
WHAT IF... we all were committed to a renewed rural and we amped up our collective energies and focused on ideas that could result in grassroots action--some by the time we leave?
REGISTER ONLINE HERE
LODGING INFORMATION: Find it here. The Holiday Inn Express is located next door to the Meridian Center. Until January 27, the HIE is offering King Suites for $109.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Anyone who lives or works in rural communities and wants to be part of a solution.
- Good rural advocate thinkers, people who can see the big picture.
- PowerUps! 21-39s who are rural by choice - or who are aspirational PowerUps.
- PowerOns! 40+ who are passionate about living in rural Kansasand who have already done so much to sustain rural Kansas.
- And, especially, representatives from volunteer-led communities.
- Beaumont Community Association, Beaumont
- Bunkhouse at Wildfire Ranch Bed-and-Breakfast, Medicine Lodge
- Central Great Plains Climate Education Partnership, Kansas State University, Manhattan
- Citizens State Bank, Morland, Hill City, WaKeeney
- Cloud County Tourism, Concordia
- State Representative Don Hineman, Dighton
- Gleason & Doty, Chartered, Ottawa
- Homestead Affordable Housing, Holton
- Meridian Center, Newton
- Mid America Ag Network, Wichita
- Mitten Travel Plaza, Oakley
- Northeast Kansas Coalition for Regional Economic Development
- Northeast Kansas Tourism Connection
- Office of Sustainability, Kansas State University, Manhattan
- Organic Grain Marketing Company, Council Grove
- Jim & Kathy Richardson, Small World Gallery, Lindsborg
- Walters' Pumpkin Patch, Burns
- Wellness Weavers, Waterville
- Yellow Brick Road, Sedan
Sponsorships are $200 and you receive exposure on this web site, the Constant Contact e-blast lists, in the program, and from the podium. Contact email@example.com to sponsor.
- Abby Amick, Director, Wabaunsee County Economic Development
- Tom Bishop, President/CEO, Homestead Affordable Housing, Holton, Kansas
- Ben Champion, Offiice of Sustainability, KSU, Manhattan
- Martha Slater Farrell, First Generation Video, Wichita
- John Fast, Supt./Elem. Principal, Goessel, USD 411
- Nancy Gafford, Executive Director, Rural Development Association of NE Kansas, Sabetha
- Dan Hartman, Executive Director, Dighton/Lane County Economic Development, Inc.
- Christy Hopkins, Greeley County Community Development, Tribune
- Teresa Huffman, Director, Marion County Economic Development
- WenDee LaPlant, Kansas Sampler Foundation, Inman
- Erika Nelson, PowerUp Liaison, Lucas
- Marci Penner, Kansas Sampler Foundation, Inman
- Jim Richardson, photographer, Lindsborg
- Roger Ringer, Vice President, Western Music Association
- Julie Roller, Pottawatomie County Economic Development, Wamego
- Liz Sosa, PowerUp Liaison, Garden City
- Shari Wilson, Kansas City
- Steve Woolf, Superintendent of USD 112 Central Plains