New openings as reported after May 21, 2008 and June 24
Damar, Damar Cafe, 210 Main. One of the best chicken fried steaks in the state is found here! Open Monday-Saturday 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; 5-9 p.m. and Sunday 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. 785.839.4020.
Fairway, Stroud's, 4200 Shawnee Mission Parkway. 913.262.8500.
Fredonia, Stockyards, new cafe at the Fredonia Livestock Sale Barn, 706 W. Madison. 620.378.4194. The Wood Pit is open again at 1400 N. 2nd. 620.378.4227.
- Morland, Prairie Junction, 512 W. Main. You'll find "made from scratch" chicken fried steaks, steak fingers, chicken strips and prime rib on Saturday nights. Best of all is the home made ice cream with no artificial ingredients, just pure cream, whole milk, etc., served in "frosty" dishes. Open Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., closed on Sunday. 785.627.5355, e-mail email@example.com.
This list has been updated November 12, 2007
Abilene, The Dish, 207 N. Cedar. Cute, tasty, and located in downtown Abilene. Head to lunch Monday-Friday 11 a.m.-3 p.m. 785.263.3836.
Arkansas City, Graves Drug Store, 212 S. Summit. An old fashioned soda fountain is ready to be discovered. Not only do they offer old fashioned ice cream treats but a wide variety of sandwiches, homemade soups and pie! Open Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 620-442-2300.
- Beloit, Porter House Coffee Shop, 209 E. Main. The trendy atmosphere is fun in this renovated 1939 hotel. Try the English Toffee Breve with whip cream! Light breakfast and lunch menu, too. Open Tuesday-Friday 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Friday, Saturday, Sunday 5-8 p.m.; 2nd and 4th Sunday 8 a.m.-2 p.m. 785.738.9902.
- Bird City, Heritage Corner Cafe. This replaces Blue Bird Junction listed in the book on p. 45. They have added a soda fountain!
- Baxter Springs, 1930 Phillips 66 Gas Station on Historic Route 66. The historic gas station has been restored and now serves as a visitor center!
- Buhler, Old Mill Theater, 111 Old Mill Lane. A rustic brick building used at the old Buhler Mill is now the backdrop for monthly dinner and quality musical entertainment. Find a schedule at theoldmilltheater.com or call 620.960.6455.
- Buhler, Garnett Art Glass, 102 N. Main. You can usually see Rick's beautiful and colorful pieces Tuesday-Saturday 6 a.m.-until 4 p.m. (till noon on Wednesdays). Rick is often blowing glass on Saturdays. 620.663.8764.
- Burlington, Rural Culture Elements mural, on east side of building at 2nd and Neosho. Gene Merry and artist Jim Stukey collaborated on a colorful mural that depicts the 8 rural culture elements of Coffey County!
- Canton, Stars & Stripes Military Museum, 135 N. Main. In its beginning stages, the museum honors all military branches. Open on patriotic and military holidays or by reservation, 620.628.4484.
- Cheney, Hank Is Wiser Brewery, 213 N. Main. This Kansas brewpub offers handcrafted beers and sandwiches. Open Thursday-Saturday 5:30 p.m.-midnight. 316.761.8587.
- Cottonwood Falls, Cottonwood River Bridge. On p. 214 in the guidebook it said this pedestrian bridge was closed for restoration. The project is now complete and the bridge is open again! Located three blocks north of the courthouse, this 1914 bridge connects with the new one-mile sidewalk between Cottonwood Falls and Strong City!
- Damar, east side of town off K-18. Settled as a French Canadian community, now townspeople have painted about eight buildings with a French motif. It looks so cheerful!
- Dexter, The Gathering Place, 105 S. Main. You might get turkey and dressing, meat loaf or some other classic made-from-scratch meal here. The desserts are delicious! Open Friday-Saturday 7 a.m-3 p.m.; Sunday 12-3 p.m. 620.876.3525.
- Florence, Doyle Creek Mercantile, 510 Main, Florence, KS 66851. 620.878.4567. Open Thursday - Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Wonderful marketplace gifts are found within the rustic exterior. They have a unique meeting room, too! www.doylecreek.com
- Fredonia, Beanery Coffee Shop, 626 Madison. Specialty coffees, smoothies, sandwiches and more. Open Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Galva, 56 & Main Restaurant, U.S. and Main (behind the convenience store). People are raving about the meals served in this house restaurant. Open evenings and for Sunday noon. 620.654.3920.
- Garden City, bronze sculpture, 112 Depot. A new art piece consists of two 9x6' historical bas-relief panels depicting Luticia Fulton and her garden and a family arriving on a train. The artist is Kivel Yankey, an artist from Leon. It stands beside the active Amtrak depot.
- Goodland, Goodland Grind & Gallery, 1530 Main. Drink coffee in a former Moose Lodge! Open Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. 785.890.7690.
- Halstead, 315 Main. A 1941 mural by Birger Sandzen titled Where Kit Carson Camped is found in the Halstead post office.
- Hays, Gutch's Bar & Grill, 109 W. 7th. The wood-fired pizza is the signature item on the menu but chicken carbonara is also popular in this smoke-free pub with Tuscan atmosphere! Open Monday-Saturday 11:00am-11:00pm. 785.623.4088.
- Hesston, Lincoln Perk, 709 E. Lincoln Blvd. Perk up your day with gourmet coffee or other specialty drinks here, or get a tasty sandwich. Open Monday-Saturday 7 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m.-6 p.m. More details at lincolnperk.com. 620.327.2349.
- Hoisington, downtown. Artist Bruce Bitter's hand-cut metal banners featuring birds, bobcats, coyotes, and caterpillars welcome people to town. The pole art recognizes the proximity to Cheyenne Bottoms.
- Howard, courthouse. A clock tower was planned for the 1907 Elk County Courthouse but due to an economic crash it was never installed. One hundred years later a replica of the Seth Thomas clock that had been planned for in 1907 was installed.
- Hutchinson, Sacks 5th Avenue, 501 W. 5th. They sell 'em by the sack, including a three-pounder! Get these juicy burgers Monday-Saturday 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. (closed at 4 p.m. on Saturday). 620.664.5102.
- Iola, trolley tours. Call 620.365.4900 for frequent historical and seasonal tours.
- Larned, Scraps Coffee Shop, 418 Broadway. You'll love this cool looking coffee shop! They also serve lunch and sell scrapbook supplies. Open Tuesday-Saturday 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Learn more about Scraps at scrapslarned.com. 620.285.8977.
- Lawrence, 23rd Street Brewery, 3512 Clinton Parkway. You gotta love the name of these brews: Wave the Wheat Ale, Larryville Lyte, and Crimson Phog Irish Ale. Open Monday-Saturday 11 a.m.-2 a.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-midnight. More info at brew23.com. 785.856.BEER.
- Leavenworth, courthouse murals, 300 Walnut. In December 2006 three new murals were unveiled in the Leavenworth County Courthouse. The Ernst Ulmer mural reflects events during the Bleeding Kansas era. Michael Young's mural depicts Kansas's struggle for freedom and Bradley Seever did a "Harvest" mural. A fourth mural, by Kickapoo Logan showing the Salt Creek Valley, was hung in 1972 and has been reframed and restored.
- Leoti, new murals in Museum of the Great Plains, 201 N. 4th. Chuck Bonner recently painted three new murals for this museum (p. 399 in guidebook). Two 4x7' murals depict sea and land animals of the Cretaceous period and the other is of his Dad, Marion Bonner, a well-known paleontologist in the area.
- Lillis, St. Joseph Parish Church, 1/2 mile west and 1/2 mile south of town. Lillis, settled by the Irish, is hard to find in Marshall County (6 1/2 miles south of Frankfort on K-99, then 6 miles east on Bobcat) but the 1916 stone church is worth the dare-to-do-dirt drive.
- Lincoln, Drug Store Museum, 161 E. Lincoln. Want to learn about the medicinal drugs and methodologies of pharmacies from the 1880s through the 1920s? Visit pharmacist Jack Crispin in his new museum! Open by appointment, 785.524.5383.
- Lincoln, Extra Innings Barbeque, 116 S. 5th. Baseball memorabilia on the wall, great Jalapeno mustard sauce on the barbeque. Bite into a winning pitch! 785.524.5335.
- Lindsborg, Old Grind, 112 N. Main. The specialty coffees, smoothies, Italian sodas, and more are found here. Open Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 8:30 a.m.-9 p.m.; Sunday 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 785.227.3331.
- Little River, Garden of Eden Heavenly Meats and Groceries, 275 Main. Formerly Fuller's Market (see p. 291), David and Debra Nelson have brought new energy and diverse products and services to this nostalgic grocery store. Open Monday-Saturday 7 a.m.-6 p.m. 620.897.6224.
- Logan, Logan Historical Museum, 217 W. Main. Just opened in the last few years, this museum in a two-story historic building is already filled! Open Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday 1-5 p.m. 785.689.4374.
- Lucas, World's Largest Souvenir Travel Plate, just east of the gas station and K-18 Cafe. Erika Nelson painted a 14-foot satellite dish with vignettes of Lucas history, industry, and attractions. Look for rings of the famous Brant's bologna in the center.
- Merriam, Georgetown Pharmacy & Old Time Soda Fountain, 5605 Merriam Dr. Carbonated sodas or ice cream treats will take you back in time. Open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. 913.362.0313.
- Miltonvale, Miltonvale Mercantile, 14 W. Spruce. Kathy Suffridge provides fine dining, some basic groceries, gifts, and antiques in this 100-year-old brick building. The store is open Wednesday-Friday 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Her passion is serving first-class fine dining meals to groups. 785.427.3104.
- Moundridge, Block 32 Eatery & Pub, 128 S. Christian. You've got to appreciate owners who invest in such a fine restaurant in a small town. Stop here when you have a chance. Open daily 11 a.m.-10 p.m. 620.345.3232.
- Moundridge, 401 18th Avenue (4 miles west and 2 miles north of Moundridge). Artists Geneva Flickner and Jane Gehring designed the beautiful stained glass window in the Eden Mennonite Church.
- Mulvane, Beyond the Tea Garden, 208 N. 2nd. Janie Potter would love to show you her shop that features teacups, teapots, teacup birdfeeders, specialty coffee and tea gifts, antiques, vintage furnishings, and more! She'll also tell you about other new stores in town! Open Monday-Friday 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. 316.777.2222.
- Mulvane, Luciano's, 216 W. Main. Luciano Mattola comes from Viareggio in Tuscany and brought his family recipes with him when he married Nancy, a native of Mulvane. Open Sunday 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Monday-Saturday 11 a.m.-9 p.m. (closed Tues.). 316.777.0045. website: www.restaurantlucianos.com
- Neodesha, 502 Main. Specialty coffees, smoothies, sandwiches and more. Open Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Newton: Reba's Restaurant and Bar, 301 N. Main, Newton, Kansas 67114. This replaces The Spartan, listed in the book on p. 347. Open Tuesday-Friday 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Wednesday-Saturday 5-9 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-2 p.m. 316.284.9800.
- Olathe, Marra Museum, 455 E. Park. Located on the campus of the Kansas School for the Deaf, exhibits help tell the story of deaf culture and the school. Open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Find more information at kefdcc.org. 913.782.5808.
- Osborne, the Malt-Teas Fountain, 109 N. First. Get an ice cream treat here Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-7 p.m. (closed Wed.), Sunday 2-5 p.m.
- Palco, downtown city park. A new colorful countryside scene is painted on the side of a building at the city park.
- Peck, Rubberneck Corner Grill, 6 miles south of Haysville on 24th Street West. The owners came from Louisiana so the new "old" log cabin is on pylons. The old-fashioned candy counter, antiques and other touches add to the nostalgic feel inside. Open Tuesday-Friday 6-9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Saturday 7-9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.-3 p.m. 316.554.1544.
- Potwin, Grandma's Kitchen, 118 E. Marshall. Open Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. 620.752.3760.
- Rose Hill, Ice Cream Cafe, 106 S. Main. Located in the oldest house in Rose Hill, you'll get a scoop of history with your ice cream! Open Monday-Friday 12-4:30 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m.-noon. 316.776.1144.
- Rossville, Pine and Pottawatomie. Walk the 45 yards across this pedestrian-converted pony truss bridge spanning Cross Creek.
- Tecumseh, Iwig's Dairy, 3320 SE Tecumseh Road. Stop at this family dairy to buy milk in glass bottles in many flavors! They also sell butter and ice cream made from the extra cream. Locally-produced eggs, honey, applesauce and other items are also sold here. 785.379.9514.
- Topeka, Bobo's Drive-In, 2300 SW 10th. KE #3479 Jason Camis can't believe Bobo's wasn't listed in the guidebook. It should have been! The fresh meat has made Bobo's a Topeka institution for over 50 years. Open Monday-Saturday 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m. 785.234.4511.
- Toronto, Toronto Market & Deli, 202 W. Main. A screen door is your entrance into this old-fashioned style business. An old-time meat counter showcases meats to take home and grill or you can order a sandwich for carryout. A few groceries are neatly placed on shelves. Open Monday-Saturday 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Sunday noon-5 p.m.
- Washington, Mayberry's, 307 C Street. Open Monday-Saturday 6 a.m.-9 p.m., Sunday 8 a.m.-2 p.m. 785.325.2200.
Changes to the Guidebook
NOTE: We are behind on updating this list. Please help us by letting us know of any changes so we can keep it current.
To report a place that has closed or has changed hours or location please contact Marci Penner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes made July 2009:
Abilene, Fashion Museum, p. 52. Closed.
Alta Vista, Sunflowers and Sodas, p. 166. Closed.
Alta Vista, Legrand's Grocery, p. 167. New owners.
Anthony, Mueller Bros., p. 327. Closed due to fire.
Anthony, Ken's Diner, p. 327. Closed.
Anthony, Smokehouse Cafe, 110 W. Main. Closed.
Arlington, Arlington Marketplace, p. 355. Closed.
Atchison, G. Diebolt's, p. 126. Closed.
Bird City, Blue Bird Junction, p. 45. Closed.
Brewster, Minor Family Sod House B&B, p. 26. Occupied.
Clyde, Cloud County Tea Company, p. 87. Closed.
Conway Springs, Joe's Market, p. 324. Closed.
Dover, Dover Mercantile, p. 177. Opened as Sommerset Cafe.
Ellinwood, Jim's Cafe & Steakhouse, p. 287. Closed.
Ellsworth, Drovers Mercantile, p. 61. Closed.
Enterprise, Sunflower Cafe, p. 54. Closed.
Galva, Emmylou's Bake Shoppe, p. 299. Kountry Kafe moved into Emmylou's.
Great Bend, Willow Creek Espresso and Deli, p. 285. Closed.
Herington, The Loft, p. 56. Closed.
Hillsboro, Olde Towne Restaurant, p. 303. Closed.
Hoisington, The Lodge and Gina's Creations, p. 286. Closed.
Hutchinson, Blue Duck Bistro, p. 352. Now open as Jillian's, an Italian restaurant.
Hutchinson, Neufeld's Deli, p. 353. Closed.
Junction City, German Village, p. 158. Closed.
Kanopolis Drive-In Theater, p. 62. Closed.
Kansas City, Franklin Coffee Shop, p. 190. Closed.
Lawrence, Victorian Veranda, p. 183. Closed.
Leavenworth, Village Square Restaurant, p. 130. Now a Thai restaurant.
Little River, Cheryl's Cafe, p. 291. Closed.
Lyons, Ranch House, p. 289. Now El Potrillo.
McDonald, Frosty Mug, p. 43. Closed.
Moundridge, Country Kitchen & Old Settler's Inn, p. 300. Closed.
Norton, Wheatfields Coffee House, p. 39. Closed.
Norwich, Rowdy's, p. 336. Closed.
Olsburg, Kaffe Hus Cafe, p. 147. Open again!
Oskaloosa, The Friendly Kansan, p. 137. Closed.
Pfeifer, p. 10. The post office has closed.
Pittsburg, Brick Town Steak House, p. 256. Closed.
Salina, Scotty's Cafe, p. 58. Closed due to a fire.
Sawyer, soda fountain, p. 335. Closed.
Scandia, Herrman House B&B, p. 95. Closed.
St. Mary's, Benedetto's and MJ's Coffee Shop, p. 150. Closed.
Sharon Springs, Hideaway Bar and Grill, p. 23. Closed.
Tonganoxie, Amanna-Elan Hotel, p. 135. Closed.
WaKeeney, Cleland Drug, p. 16. Cleland's has sold their soda fountain but the pharmacy has moved to 202 S. 1st.
Waterville, Fancy T's and More, p. 107. Has moved to the Weaver Hotel, 118 S. Kansas.
Washington, Schooky's Deli, p. 89. Closed.
Baldwin City, Walt's Pizza Cafe, p. 187 is now a barbecue place.
Concordia, Cafe Gaston, p. 85, is now The Zistro. Open for breakfast and lunch.
Galva, Front Porch Gifts, p. 299. Closed.
Lyons, Ranch House Restaurant, p. 289. El Potrillo in it now.
McPherson, The Muffin Factory, p. 296. Closed
Ottawa, Franklin County Livestock Sale Barn, p. 206. Closed
Changes as of August 11, 2008
Wellington, p. 324
Changes as of July 27, 2008
Border Queen Museum, p. 323. Closed but displays moved into restored opera house at Main and Central.
Caldwell Bottling Company, p. 323. Moved out of state.
Phillips Wilderness Photography, p. 322. Moved out of state.
Victorian Rose, p. 322. Closed.
Zsa Zsa's, p. 322. Now Border Queen Bellas.
- Chapman. St. Patrick's Cemetery, p. 55. Historic church destroyed by tornado.
- Goodland, El Reynaldo's, p. 25. Moved between Taco John's and Dairy Queen off Exit 17.
- Wellington, Fresh From The Oven, p. 323. Closed.
- Fall River, School House Cafe, p. 244. Changed to Ranch Restaurant.
- Fredonia, Gooseberry Garden, p. 249 under Shopping. Closed.
- Fredonia, Maxwell House Bakery, p. 249. Closed.
- Pittsburg, Lifespan Nutrition, p. 256. Changed to Sweet Greens.
- Pittsburg, Old Miner's Guest House, p. 257. Closed.
- Stark, Richwine's Grocery, p. 251. Changed to Murphy's Mercantile.
- Thayer, Sunflour Bread Company, p. 252. Closed
- Chanute, Safari Bar and Grill, p. 251. Replaced Sofia's. Now also closed. Looking for new owner.
Changes as of June 1, 2008
Brewster, Bubba's Corner, p. 26. Closed.
Cassody Cafe, p. 316. Destroyed by fire.
Concordia, Cafe Gaston, p. 85. Closed.
El Dorado, Susie's Chili Parlor, p. 313. Moved to 124 S. Main.
Glade, Triple C Cafe, p. 38. Closed.
Lawrence, Joe's Bakery, p. 182. Closed.
- Leavenworth, Heimhof Wintery, p. 131. Closed.
- Marysville, Koester House Restaurant, p. 106. Now Las Cabanas.
- Morland, Minium Dry Goods, p. 30. Closed.
- Salina, Capers Cafe and Bakery, p. 57. Open under new name Moka's.
- Smith Center, Sale Barn Cafe, p. 99. Closed.
Stockton, Smith's, p. 35. Closed.
Towanda, Wilbur's Grocery, p. 316. Closed.
Changes as of April 19, 2007
- Benton, Prairie Rose Chuckwagon Supper, p. 315. Re-opened under new ownership. Prairie Rose Wranglers became Prairie Wranglers and perform often at Old Cowtown, Wichita. New ownership at Prairie Rose Chuckwagon has new entertainment.
- Garden City, Kadee's Coffee Break, p. 395. Closed.
- Hill City, Bison Club, p. 32. Opened as Cowboy Junction under new ownership.
- Hunnewell, standing bank vault, p. 323. Dozed down. Gone.
- Hutchinson, Blue Duck Bistro, p. 353. Closed.
- Olathe, Mahaffie Farmstead, p. 195. The new Heritage Center has opened.
- Paola, BBQ Shack, 5 Delaware, has opened. Not in guidebook.
- Paola, Emery's, p. 201. Burned down.
- Pretty Prairie, Main Street Steakhouse, p. 358, changed ownership and name to Pretty Prairie Steakhouse. Great food!
- Salina, Capers Cafe and Bakery, p. 57. Closed.
- Scammon, road to Carona Depot is K102, not K120. P. 261.
- Scandia, Kaffe house has new phone number, 785.335.2251. P. 94
- Tampa. No cafe open. Not in guidebook.
Towanda, Wilbur's Grocery, p. 316. Closed.
- Abilene, Victorian Reflections B&B Inn, p. 53. New owners.
- Alton, Hartzler Hardware Store, p. 73. Destroyed by fire. Rebuilt in metal building.
- Alton, Gwen's Hometown Cafe, p. 73. Changed ownership. New name is The Homestead Restaurant.
- Argonia, tree sculpture, p. 325 in explorer extras. Destroyed by termites.
- Atchison, River House Restaurant, p. 127. New ownership, new name: Old Hoof and Horn.
- Attica, Neighbor's Cafe, p. 239. Closed.
- Baldwin City,
- Espress Yourself, p. 187. New ownership.
- Three Sisters Inn, p. 187. New ownership.
- Belvidere, Trails End Junke Shoppe, p. 387 in explorer extras. Closed.
- Benton Antique Mall, p. 315. Closed.
- Prairie Rose Chuckwagon Supper, p. 315. Closed.
- Hopalong Cassidy Cowboy Museum, p. 315. Closed.
- Bern, Bern Cafe, p. 114. Closed.
- Buhler, Nine Gables B&B, p. 356. Closed.
- Burlingame, Santa Fe Café, p. 221. New ownership.
- Burlington, Johnson's Family Pharmacy, p. 225. Closed.
- Columbus, Avenue Grill, p. 262. Closed.
- Concordia, Café Gaston, p. 85. Closed.
- Delphos, Delphos General, p. 81 in explorer extras. Closed.
- Emporia, White Rose Inn. Closed.
- Enterprise, Ehrsam Place B&B, p. 54. Closed.
- Eskridge, Dunn's Hometown Variety, p. 168. Closed.
- Fall River, D&B Grocery, p. 245. Closed.
- Greensburg, Hunter's Drug, Fran's Antique Mall, Twilight Theatre, KiowaCounty Musuem, Main Street Cafe & Candies, Green Acres B&B, p. 385-386.Gone due to tornado. The Big Well is still there and will some day befunctioning as a tourism site again.
Grenola, True Grit Cafe, p. 247. New Owners, closed and open again as Grenola Bar & Grill. LATER --- burned down.
Haviland, Lonny C's, p. 387 in explorer extras. Closed.
- Liquid Bread Brewing Company and Gella's Dinner, p. 12. Name has beenchanged to Gella's
- Diner and Lb. Brewing Company.
- The Corner Garden Restaurant, p. 13. Closed.
- Hiawatha, Laurie Beth's Bakery & Deli, p. 117. Moved to 441 S. 1st.
- Hill City, Bison Club, p. 32. New ownership, new name: Cowboy Junction.
- Charlie's, p. 139. Closed.
- Parsonage Guest House, p. 140. Closed.
- Holyrood, Holyrood Grocery, p. 63. Closed.
- Bridge Street Station, p. 239. OPEN!!! (Previously listed as closed, that information was incorrect.)
- Spirit of Love, p. 239. Closed.
- Bailey Hotel, p. 240. Closed.
- Inman, Jerry's Cafe, p. 301. New ownership. Now Inman's Harvest Cafe.
- Junction City, JC's Best Coffee Shop, p. 158. Closed.
- Historic Skyview Restaurant, p. 130. Closed.
- Village Square Restaurant, p. 130. Closed.
- Biggie Bigg's Delipub, p. 78. Closed.
- Marguerite's Menagerie, p. 78. New owner, new name: Gifts and Grinds.
- Lindsborg, Irene's Teas, etc., p. 294. Changed name to Stockholm Restaurant& Tea Room.
- Marquette, Cookie's Etc., p. 298. Closed.
- Bronze Rider and Pony Sculpture, p. 105. Moved to Broadway and Center at 7th Street.
- Koester House Restaurant, p. 106. Closed.
- McDonald, Frosty Mug, p. 43. New ownership.
- Meade, Lakeway Hotel B&B, p. 368. Closed.
- Bean's Country Store, p. 30. Closed.
- Bison America Institute and Museum, p. 31. Closed.
- Osborne, Circle Inn Restaurant and Truck Stop, p. 71. Destroyed by tornado,rebuilt, destroyed by fire.
- Cinda's Sauces, p. 334. Closed.
- Breakroom Coffee House, p. 334. Moved to 216 S. Main.
- St. Francis, Dusty Farmer, p. 48. Closed.
- St. Mary's, Tulley's Irish Pub. New Ownership.
- Seneca, Harsh Drug, p. 114. Closed.
- Stark, Richwine's Grocery, p. 251. Closed. Reopened as Murphy's Mercantile!
- Blind Tiger Brewery, p. 175. New ownership.
- Seabrook Tavern, p. 175. New ownership.
- Traer, Elephant Rock, p. 42. Much of it destroyed by a storm.
- Utica, Vic's Shortbranch Saloon, p. 403. Closed.
- Victoria, Route 40 Sports Bar and Grill, p. 10. Closed.
- Wamego, Lincoln Perk, p. 145. Closed.
- Wetmore, Noe Place, p. 115. Closed.
Yates Center, Frannies, p. 240. Frannie fell and her restaurant is atleast temporarily closed.
- Alton, Hartzler Hardware Store, p. 73. Burned down, will rebuild.
- Alton, Gwen's Hometown Cafe, p. 73. Renamed to Alton Hometown Café.
- Assaria, Renaissance Cafe, p. 61. Hours expanded to Thursday-Saturday 5-9 p.m.
- Bern, Bern Cafe, p. 114. Closed.
- Bern, The Clothes Rack, p. 114. Closed.
- Burlington, DW Music Box, p. 225. Closed.
- Burlington, River City Art Gallery, p. 225. Moved to Carnegie Library at 3rd and Hudson.
- Chanute, Sofia's Fine Ding, p. 251. Name changed to Safari Grill & Brewing Company. Hours are Monday-Saturday 11 a.m.-midnight; Sunday 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Chapman, Prairie Lane Antiques, p. 55. Closed.
- Collyer, Collyer Cafe, p. 17. Closed.
- Enterprise, Sunshine Cafe, p. 54. Closed.
- Hill City, Bison Club Restaurant and Lounge, p. 32. Closed.
- Hope, Main Street Grocery, p. 56. Closed.
- Humboldt, Neosho Valley Woodworks has moved to 8th and New York, p. 239.
- Liberal, Salty Dog Bar & Grill, has moved to 303 N. Kansas in the Landmark Center, p. 371.
- Macksville, From the Heart, p. 360. Closed.
- McCracken, Mustang Cafe, p. 407. Closed.
- Meade, Doublewe ranch Studio, p. 368. Closed.
- Olsburg, Kaffe Hus Cafe, p. 147. Closed.
- Osage City, Schroeder Drugs in explorer extras, the soda fountain, p. 222. Closed.
- Otis, Evy's Kitchen, p. 406. Closed.
- Paxico, Kansas Stories, p. 169. Closed.
- Russell, Gracie's Girls, p. 66. Closed.
- Satanta, Three Tiers, p. 378. Closed.
- Seneca, Bob's Sirloin, p. 115. Closed.
- Stockton, Smith's, p. 35. Closed.
- Wilson, Ollie's Treasures, p. 64. Closed.
Changes prior to April 21, 2007
- Alta Vista, Barnyard Cafe, p. 166. Closed.
- Argonia, Outdoor Mural, p. 325. Crumbling off the wall quickly.
- Burns, Buffalo Gulch Ranchhouse, p. 310. Renamed to Burns Buffalo Steak House.
- Byers, Hornet's Nest, p. 335. Closed.
- Cherryvale, Cherryvale Depot, p. 276. Correction: Location should be N. Depot at 3rd.
- Clifton, LCL Buffalo Ranch, p. 92. Correction: Phone numbers should be 785.455.3707 or 785.747.8465.
- Clifton, Clifton Cafe, Closed.
- Coffeyville, The Pantry, p. 275. Closed.
- Concordia, Uncle Gib's Barn, p. 85. Closed.
- Delphos, Covered Wagon Headstone, p. 81. Correction: The stone stands in the middle (not north end) of the cemetery between the hand pump and the shed and by a shrub.
- Dodge City, Freight House, p. 383. Closed.
- Dover, Dover Mercantile, p. 177. Closed.
- Downs, Railroad Inn, p. 73. Closed.
- Elk Falls,Quilts and More, p. 246. Closed.
- Englewood, Country Acres, p. 367. Closed.
- Fredonia Livestock Sale Barn, p. 250. Burned down.
- Wood Pit, p. 249. Closed.
- Garden City, Valley View Cemetery, p. 394. Correction: It should be Mitchell, not Michael, Runnels.
- Garnett, Yesterday's Soda Fountain and Café, p. 229. Closed
- Grant County, TJ's Kountry Kitchen, p. 376. Closed.
- Gypsum, Cookie Jar, p. 61. Closed.
- Halstead, Blue Frog, p. 349. Closed.
- Harper, Hunger House, p. 326. Closed.
- Haven, Bumpers II, p. 358. Renamed to Hamburger Haven.
- Explorer Extras, p. 13. Correction: Second from bottom. The drive from Hays north to Plainville is on U.S. 183 not U.S. 281.
- Hays City Mercantile, p. 12 Closed.
- Hill City, Buffalo Hunter's Cafe, p. 32 Closed.
- Hillsboro, Klose & Kozy, p. 303. Closed.
- Hope, Sue's Kitchen, p. 56. Closed.
- Humboldt, Humboldt Union, p. 239. Closed. Johnson and Sweatt memorabilia moved to Humboldt Historical Museum, p. 238.
- Hutchinson, Tiffany House (restaurant part), p. 352. Closed.
- Inman, Knackie's BBQ, p. 301. Closed.
- Independence, Lillie's Classic Quilts and Home Decor, p. 278. Moved to Independence from Sedan.
- Lawrence, KU Memorial Campanile, p. 179. Correction: The Campanile, constructed in 1950, is a memorial to those who fought in World War II, not World War I.
- Leon, Kansas Saddlery, p. 315. Closed.
- Liberal, English Steakhouse, p. 371. Closed.
- Lincolnville, Main Street Grocery, p. 305. Closed.
- Cafe Latte, p. 200. Closed.
- Wisteria House Bistro, p. 200. Closed.
- Lucas, Tomorrow's Treasures at the Gathering Place, 211 N. Main. Antiques, collectibles, furniture, fine gifts, specialty coffees, and teas are found inside this late-1800s home. Tuesday_Saturday 9 a.m._5 p.m. 785.525.6223. Added.
- Macksville, From the Heart, p. 360. Closed.
- Madison, Pope's Drug, p. 244. Closed.
- Mayetta:, Ray's Garage Grill, p. 141. Closed.
- Newton, Prairie Harvest, p. 347. New address, 601 N. Main.
- Nortonville, Main Street Grille, p. 136. Closed.
- Olsburg, Kaffe Hus Cafe, p. 147. Closed.
- Ozawkie, large cottonwood tree, p. 137. Cut down to stump size.
- Paola, Beethovens, p. 201. Closed.
- Paxico, Electric Cat Cafe & Kansas Stories, p. 169. Closed.
- Phillips County. Change county contact e-mail to email@example.com, p. 37.
- Pottawatomie County,
- Myers Valley Road, p. 143. Correction: Three miles north of Flush,turn west (not east) on Myers Valley Road.
- Carnahan Creek Scenic Drive Detour, p. 143. Change tulip beds at cemetery to iris beds
- Potwin, Prairie Pride, p. 275. Closed.
- St. Marys,
- Benedetto's, p. 150. Closed.
- Tulley's Irish Pub, p. 150. New Ownership .
- Scott City, Keystone Gallery. Reference on page 400 should lead to page 20,not page 401. Amended.
- Sedan, Lillie's Classic Quilts and Home Decor, p. 278. Moved to Independence.
- Solomon, God's Garden, p. 57. Closed.
- South Hutchinson, Livestock Sale Barn, p. 354. Closed.
- Stockton, Smith's, p. 35. Closed.
- Talmage, Partners Pit B-B-Que, p. 57. Closed.
- Tyro, W Bar W B&B, p. 273. Closed.
- Vegetarian Colony, Allen County, p. 240. Date should be 1855, not 1865.
- Wabaunsee, Beecher Bible and Rifle Church, p. 165. Correction: There were no Bibles included in the shipment to Kansas from Connecticut.
- WaKeeney, Trego County Courthouse, p. 16. Date should be 1972, not 1974.
- Washington, Tre Barista, p. 90. Moved from near Schooky's Deli to U.S. 36 and D.
- Winona, Prairie Skillet, p. 21. Closed.
- Zenda, Lumberyard Steakhouse, p. 337. Change hours to Thursday 11 a.m._9 p.m.; Friday_Saturday 11 a.m._11 p.m.