FOOD VENDOR INFORMATION
FOOD CONCESSION CRITERIA
Food vendors must be a resident of Kansas. Franchise food companies are not allowed.
Food vendors will be accepted after meeting approval from the festival host. Vendors will be notified as to their acceptance by February 10.
- Food concessions should feature Kansas ethnic or specialty foods.
- When possible, food products, bottled water, and even condiments should be purchased from local Kansas producers or, at least, from locally-owned stores. For instance, the meat for steak sandwiches or brats should come from Kansas lockers; cookies served should be homemade or made in a Kansas bakery; popcorn should be Kansas-grown popcorn, etc.
- Promoting the source of foods is appreciated. If a restaurant is a vendor they are encouraged to promote their restaurant location and hours.
- No hamburgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes, cotton candy or other carnival type foods are allowed without host approval. Burger and hotdogs made from buffalo (bison) meat are allowed.
- A Kansas food license is required except for vendors participating SIX DAYS or less a year. (This does not mean 6 events a year - for instance, if you participate in 2 events and they last two days each, then you have used up four of your six days allowed) If you have a food vending business that attends more than six days a year you must purchase a food license. To submit an application please go to this link. http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/food-safety-licenses
- Food vendors are responsible for paying their own sales tax. For information about events sales tax go to: http://www.ksrevenue.org/specialsalesevents.html
- Food vendors are responsible to make sure they meet Kansas Department of Agriculture health guidelines. Food safety information can be obtained at this website: https://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/food-safety-educational-materials
- Every item sold in a concession must be approved by the festival committee.
- Festival observers will check vendor foods at the festival. Vendors may be asked to remove an item if it wasn't approved.
Longford Water Co., 108 Main St., Longford
785.388.2233 or email@example.com
FOOD VENDOR FEES:
Selling one food item plus drinks - $225
Selling multi food items plus drink -$300
110-volt outlets @ $20 each
220-volt outlet @ $40 each
Extra one-day passes @ $4 each
Tables (6' or 8') @ $9 each
Chairs @ $2 each
Food vendors will receive enough passes for each worker, for each day of the festival. There will be a drop down box on the festival registration to indicate the total number of workers you anticipate helping you for each day of the festival. NOTE: All workers must have a pass to enter the festival on Saturday and Sunday.
No free passes will be issued after April 15 or during the festival. If more passes are needed, they must be ordered by April 15 to receive a reduced rate.
No booth refunds will be given in case of inclement weather and refunds for booth cancellations will only be given through March 31.
Limited parking for food vendor vehicles will be available on a case by case basis. Food trailers, carts and other small supply trailers will be allowed. Food vendors will be assigned parking as close as possible to their location. All other vehicles must be parked in designated exhibitor parking areas. Two parking permits will be issued.