Printed from www.kansassampler.org
STATE/MIXED COMMUNITIES (Travel and Tourism exhibitors)
Registration begins November 1. Please read all criteria before registering. Registration deadline is January 31.
STATE/MIXED COMMUNITIES aka TRAVEL and TOURISM EXHIBITORS (non-group tent)
The regular, or non-group, tents are for travel and tourism exhibitors not involved in a Group Tent. Thsi tent is also known as the State/Mixed Communities tent. Typically the festival host assigns booths geographically with a tent lay-out of two side rows and a middle row.
Those eligible for this tent are local attractions that also include locally-owned cafes and bed-and-breakfasts. These displays must be about a place that tells the story of the rural culture of a place: architecture, art, commerce, cuisine, customs, geography, history, and people. Locally-owned stores may be included in a community display to show what kind of shopping opportunities are offered in a town.
- Service companies like insurance companies and health distributors
- Schools, churches, government and military unless some historical aspect is being promoted (in that case no religious or enrollment information may be distributed).
- Home based businesses such as Scentsy, Premiere Jewelry, etc.
- Social organizations like Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, etc. HOWEVER these groups are encouraged to be a sponsor, volunteer or have a food booth to raise funds for their group. No organizational materials may be distributed.
- National franchise attractions, including lodging or restaurants.
- Political booths and no political materials distributed.
Exhibitors in the travel tents should have creative informational displays that enthusiastically tell the story of their Kansas community attractions in a manner that will encourage the public to visit.
Sale items are discouraged though one item at a time can be put out, per approval of host (additional fee of $25 for this).
FEES FOR TRAVEL and TOURISM EXHIBITORS
Booth fee/size: $130 for a 10 x 8 space
Tables (6' or 8'): $9
Electricity (110v): $20
Add'l festival passes: $4
Add'l $25 if one product item sold
* Each booth registration receives 4 passes (good for two people for both days of festival) and 2 parking permits. Handicapped parking permits are available upon request.
EXHIBITORS IN THIS CATEGORY WILL BE HOUSED TOGETHER IN A TENT PROVIDED BY THE FESTIVAL HOST
No booth refunds will be
given in the event of inclement weather and refunds for booth
cancellations will only be given through March 31.
Note: The vendor designation of the form reads as Travel/Tourism Exhibitor
Note! Registration begins November 1, 2016 - Any registrations received between May 5 and October 31, 2016 will be deleted from the system prior to the official registration date of November 1.
Kansas Sampler Foundation - Phone: 620-585-2374